Sunday, December 7, 2008

His and Her Toys!

After neglecting my duty to my adoring readers, I have finally come home to my blog. I have come to the space where I can say what I want, think what I want, share intricacies of my homestead, and have people read them with laughter and find them somehow entertaining! I love you all for laughing with me! Thank you for being patient with me!

Now for your next installment of my random thought process.......drum roll............His and Her Toys! Those of you without children don't worry. This is not about my picks of the year from Toys R Us. With that said, you don't need to cover your eyes. Let me assure you that this is rated G for everyone. I promise! Would I steer you down a path that I wouldn't tread myself?

Now, We were talking about the adult toys (G rated remember!). My husband, being the manly man that he is, is a wood worker. He loves building things from nothing. He loves working with his hands. He loves critically thinking about putting something together that didn't even exist before he thought of it. In order to do this kind of work, you need to have the right tools. You need some good working toys, I mean tools, to get the quality that you want, the quality he must have.
You need.......another drum roll please..............






This is one of the first toy purchases we made as a couple. Actually this is the upgraded version of what we first purchased! If any of you don't know what the brand De Walt means. Just think money! Lots and lots of money.






This is my newest toy! My darling Kitchen Aid Mixer! I have wanted one of these since I first started to put my kitchen together 10 years ago with a Target wedding registry list. Because of my inherited frugality issues, I decided that I could probably get by with a 40 dollar mixer instead, and then I would get more needed gifts at the wedding. I kicked myself for many years after that! My patience paid off though. After hearing how I burned out 3 mixers in 3 years, one of my dear friends saw this on clearance and bought it for me. I am forever and eternally grateful to her. Every woman wants one of these. If they don't, they are lying, or they don't cook!


Now this is his favorite toy!




I wouldn't be showing the true glory of the toy if I didn't show you the name. It is made by Grizzly. This is where I am going to point out the genius ideas of advertising. All men's toys are manly sounding like Grizzly. You know it gives you the image of the big, tough bear that he probably hunted after it tried to go after his camp's food supply. If the tool has the name of Black and Decker on it, then it probably isn't manly enough to be included in a real man's garage.



This is my other favorite tool/toy! My dream machines! If you haven't heard about how we met click here: http://ordinarilyrandomme.blogspot.com/2008/06/i-can-move-mountains.html I move mountains with these girls! And notice the girly brand name: Whirlpool. What comes to mind with that? As if laundry and relaxation ever will coexist! One can dream.



4 comments:

Dad said...

Another good one Jen. And I can say that I actually have seen the "toys" in person. Dad

Laura G said...

Haaa! You're so right about the toys, sis. My husband has high tech toys in the basement (or "Matt Cave") as we call it. I have kitchen toys and my new faves are my Salsa maker from Tupperware and a hand crank parmesan shredder. Love you, Laura G

pbajgrow said...

Ooooh a salsa maker! I could use one of those. I guess I will wait until we have some more cabinets put in first!

Nan said...

Holy cow... we even have the exact same mixer!! Same exact color... I just got mine this year after 12 years of SO wanting one but never going for it and finally I found one that someone was selling online because they got a double wedding gift! So I got it for like $100 off the regular store price!

http://www.shawnanigans.net

My word verification is Defro... How does one defro? I think it involves a hair pick but I'm not sure.