Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Weeeee Got One!!!!!!!!

Can you name that movie? I bet you can't! I bet that I have to give you another clue. How about the State Puffed Marshmallow Man? Come on! There is only one movie on this earth that has a giant, walking marshmallow man ready to take on the city. If you guessed "Ghost Busters" you have my admiration. I will hold you in the highest respect whenever I see or talk to you.



I loved that movie. When I was growing up, my brother and I used to take my dad's flashlights and shine them in dark places to see if Slimer the green sliming ghost was hiding. We would then pretend that the flashlights were our weapons and sucked up the ghosts just like the real Ghost Buster's would do! We were so cool!



Now? What was it that I felt I needed to share? Oh yes! We got one! My husband, the manly man that he is, finally got his deer this year. He hasn't had many places to hunt, and the places that he has been able to hunt on he's had to share with about 200 other hunters. This year, however, he and one of his best friends were blessed to get permission to hunt on 600 acres of land. Not only did they hunt there, they also got permission to hunt on the land neighboring the 600 acres to make that a grand total of 1200 acres to THEMSELVES! I would say the odds were for them.

He called me while still out of breath from the hunt of his dreams. Finally, instead of driving home with out his primary goal, he brought the family some meat. I am feeling a little pioneerish, but its free and I had some tonight in a stew.........amazing!!!!!


Well here it is. Here is my man with 2008 deer! Great job honey! I am proud! He plans to go out next weekend for round two.



2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm not sure whether to say "great job" or "awww poor bambi". LOL Guess I'm just a wimp about that type of thing. Rob's family bought part of a cow and they knew it's name was Junior so for the next year, whenever we went over there, they would offer to make Junior steaks or Junior burgers. Seriously creeped me out. My food does not have a face or a name! Man I would have had problems in the pioneer days... ;)

pbajgrow said...

Wow, I must say I look sexy in my hunting gear....and man did that deer taste good. bgrow