Monday, August 18, 2008

2 Weeks and counting!

2 weeks from today, my children's lives are going to change. Oh, they are used to change since they have the most random mother in the world. But we have had the most lazy summer that I can remember, and now school is starting in 2 weeks. We have watched way too much TV this summer. I say "we" because I have been lumped into this as of this week. I have been completely obsessed with the Olympics.

I like to be in bed at 10:30. For over a week now, I don't think that I have gone to bed until 12:30am maybe 1am. I am obsessed with watching Michael Phelps and the rest of the swim team cream their competition. My heart starts fluttering the last few seconds before they crash into the wall with all their might. If you've seen it, you know what I mean. I would stop what I was doing throughout the day, anytime of day, to watch swimming on TV. I am so glad it is over. Maybe life can begin again.

Then the gymnastics. Oh, don't get me started. Those little, under aged Chinese girls are adorable, but that's just it. They are adorable, as babies or little girls, not the young women that are suppose to be out there. Go Nastia and Shawn! You girls rock!

See? This wasn't suppose to be about the Olympics. Anytime my mind wanders into Olympic territory, I am a goner. I was writing about school. We are starting. I am going to bed on time from now on. NO MORE Olympics for me! Because, we are starting school! I am terrified. Yet, I am excited. I get to teach long division this year. I get to teach proper and common nouns. I get to teach a 4 year old how to read. Oh wait. He can already do that! (Just a little mom brag!) He is starting kindergarten this year, because there simply isn't any preschool left to teach him. Oh and I will not have any kids in diapers during the day. There will no longer be the unexpected breaks of me going off and chasing down a toddler, to change the never ending stink coming from them, per the request of their older sibling who can't stand the smell of their room. This brings me utter happiness! Even more than watching Michael Phelps woosh by, by 1/100th's of a second to win yet another gold. Football just doesn't do that to me.

Pray for me friends. I am going to a very full plate this year. 3 out of 4 kids are going to be schooled this year. Yikes! I have a lot of kids.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I have definitely stayed up way too late recently for the Olympics as well. Swimming, volleyball, running, and gymnastics have been the sports I've watched the most. All so impressive - how can you not watch?

Dad said...

Yeah!! Phelps was awesome. I'll bet he thanks God that he had guys on his team that made some of his gold possible, especially the relay that beat the French team that said they "would bury the U.S. team".