Saturday, May 17, 2008

Ordinarily Random

Well, I did it. After pondering this for the last couple of months, I have decided to dive in and take the plunge into the blogging world. My dear sister-in-law, one of my BFF, led me down her path, and I in the end copied her! She does this more often than she knows. While on the phone with her I always have a pad of paper and pen ready to go, because she is a great source of ideas for me try. Ok, so I don't have a pad of paper or pencil ready. I am way to random for that. BUT! I do copy her all the time!

I really don't know when it started. She started to home school and a year later I decided to give it a whirl. She reads a book, I most likely purchase it with in a few months. She tells me about a blog, I listen intently for a year about it. Then while hubby is working late, again, I get lost in my new world of "The Pioneer Woman". My SIL started her own blog and I am so entertained by it that I think I must start one too. Well here I am!

I have no idea what I will write about. I do know that I have great stories provided by family which include: my dear husband, my 4 children that I home school (always full of great possibilities), my perfect dog, and may be some great growing up stories as well. I also would love to share some of whats on my heart from time to time.

Because I want to keep some privacy, I am going to come up with nicknames for my family. This is where you come in! I need help, because I am stuck on some possiblities that are draining my creativity.

Have you ever gotten an idea that has blocked all other ideas from your brain? It may not even be a great idea. Then your brain seizes to function, because it feels that it has already done its job. It happens to me all the time! Even when dear husband asks for ideas for his message, he's a pastor, I will give him my best idea. If he doesn't like it, I tend to repeat it a few times with different voice inflections. I am not trying to be annoying, which he might deny, I just can't think past the one idea that I already gave. It's like when someone needs money and you give it to them, and they ask for more. You look at them with a blank stare and say, "I already gave some to you!"

Anywho, I need help with names. My current ideas for the kids are the "Narnia" names. First born daughter would be Susan, second born son Peter, third born son would be Edmund, and the baby, ok she's not a baby anymore, would be Lucy. It works but I am not convinced of them. I can't think of one for my dear husband. He is a pastor and an amazing carpentar. He is full of personality and sensitivity. I adore him. He keeps me happy, litterally. He always has a way to make me laugh and smile, even when I am close to throwing something at him. Which NEVER happens in our house! If you have time, I need one too!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!!!! I have succeeded in yet another brainwashing. (insert evil laugh) Can't wait to read about the adventures, disasters, and happenings in your world.

corasmom44 said...

yo, i have no suggestions for you...i am not good at stuff like that. you could call them spawn #1, #2, #3...and well..you get the picture :)