Tuesday, May 27, 2008

You know you need new shoes when.....


My in-laws were in town this past weekend. They came in to help my dear husband drywall a room at his current job. After they finished in record time, they were available for all out playing with the kids. Today my son was looking for his shoe and noticed a dirty old gym shoe in the closet. Surely it couldn't be daddy's, because it was in the closet. And, surely it wasn't mommies because it was old and dirty and not very girly.


"Mommy! Papa left his shoe!" he proclaimed.

"He did?" I asked.

"Yes! See!" He said.

He then proceeded to show me the shoe. I sadly acknowledged that it wasn't Papa's shoe. It was indeed my old shoe. It still fits. There aren't any holes yet. The shoes just fall into the old and grubby, but still very usable category. They are my favorite lawn mowing shoes!

No comments: