Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Naked Truth!

This is my first born son. On this blog of mine, we call him Batman. It is a real honor to him that this name has been given. He was the one who first suggested that it should be used. I had to accept his suggestion. Who could refuse those blue eyes? His father first wooed me in with them, now he has inherited the same ones. I'm toast! Previous to having this jewel of mine, I had his big sister. Man alive! I should have realized how easy it was with her! We sat and played dress up, make up, and baby dolls. She would sit and look at books over and over again. She napped well and slept in until 10am sometimes. We were great together!

Well life changed when this little guy came barrelling into existence. I say barrelling because I find it no coincidence that this ones labor was only an hour and a half long. I could have had this child in the car if we lived any farther away. He was born at the same rate he takes life now. This kid sees something and then does it. No thinking it through, no processing the information. He hits life at 150% at all times. I see him as a race horse ready for the race. He is excited, bucking and jumping at the starting line, and then bam! the race is started and he finds more energy than you would ever expect to find in such a little package. His brother is the total opposite. He is more like a golfer. He looks, analyzes, stares, thinks over the direction he should take, and then does it. Not Batman, he sees what he wants and goes for it.

Well last week was one of those times he shouldn't have gone for it! He is a boy, as you have been told, and well boys in our family have picked up this motto. It has been passed down from generation to generation and now has been picked up by my boy. The motto is, "The world is my urinal!" I am serious. My father-in-law says it, my husband proclaims it, and now my boy practices it too. (I am really sorry. Yes, I really must apologize again. I'm sorry that this is not sounding good, but you wouldn't get the whole story if I didn't tell you the naked truth about how this personality and this motto have issues when put together in one body.)

So my bucking bronco of a son has issues with coming inside and using the bathroom while he is out playing. He has no patience for such a thing. It is a huge waste of time when there is a perfectly good bush that needs to be watered. Luckily we don't have neighbors in the back of us, so I don't get too upset when it happens. Well, he decided to save time and relieve himself the other day; however, it was in front of poison ivy! I won't give you details. You can use your imagination. (A friend of mine said that the bush was getting back at him!)

The poor guy was miserable. We had to go to the doctor and get some medicine. This should have been easy. I thought they would give us some super duper anti-itch cream that would miraculously make him better. Nope! They gave him a 10 day round of steroids. Steroids, as a side effect, make you hyper. So, what already had the energy of a race horse, now has the energy of a race horse on steroids. Isn't there a law against that?

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh - poor kiddo! :o