Sunday, June 1, 2008

I need to elaborate......

I had said that Princess and I prayed during the storm and it went away. We did, but I didn't tell you the whole story. The wicked (yes, wicked) storm was going on full fledged outside. It had no signs of stopping and we were getting reports of not only tornadoes, but another storm coming that was building strength.

The only thing that would come to my mind was the story of when Jesus was sleeping on a boat and disciples woke him because they were scared of the storm. He looked up and told the storm to calm, and it did. I know that God tells us that we can do all that Jesus did. I believe it and I teach my kids to believe it. This became an example to my daughter of how we can do just as He did. We prayed. We prayed that God would calm this storm and keep us safe just as he did on the boat with the disciples.

As soon as we finished, it happened. The weather channel had updated the screen and it showed our little town. Instead of having the pink, red, orange, or yellow storm colors covering our town, it changed to green. Pink means you are basically at ground zero possibly close to death, red is a little less than death and every color gets a little less. Green happens to be a sign of little more than rain. It was forecasted all night that we could have had the worst of the storm. All afternoon the storm was to be moving northeast right over us. For some reason after we prayed, the storm moved straight east and stayed south of us, no longer moving north.

I know some might say, we got lucky, or it just seemed to happen. Believe what you will, I believe and so does my Princess that God intervened for us. It seems small and minuscule, but he takes care of all aspects of our lives, even nasty thunderstorms!

Thank you God! I still miss New York, but I will stay if you want me to! Oh and if you keep all tornadoes away from me and my little ones I will be very happy. Oh and keep my storm watcher hubby safe too. Amen!

No comments: