Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Grocery Bill!!!!

Well in order to keep you all from fainting, I won't tell you the exact number of what I spend just about every 10 days. It is going up and up and keeps doing it. Inflation has a big blame of course, but the growth of my kids is also a big hit.

As earlier posted, I like to copy things that my sister-in-law does. She has found a way to get the grocery bill down by about 40 dollars a trip. I am always willing to follow a money saving tip so I dove into a new world last month! I am a CVSer!
"A what?" you say.
I'm a CVSer.....aka I now shop at CVS. It is a drug store like Walgreens.


I thought these places were glorified convenience stores that gave you prescriptions quickly without having the 20 minute hastle of finding a parking spot, getting into the huge store, waiting in a huge line, and then waiting an hour and spending $100 dollars on who-knows-what at Super-Walmart. But! I was wrong. CVS, my now 4th stop on grocery day, is my new haven. Just look at what I bought:



These are all normal everyday things. I have to buy some of these things weekly. I at all times have these things in my house and sometimes I have back-ups of these items. What is not normal is what I just spent on these items. I will list these out for you and then tally up what you think I spent today.

Charmin double roll toilet paper rolls 12count x 4 packages

ALL laundry detergent 32loads x 2 bottles

2 toothbrushes

1 can of OFF bug spray

2 cans of Lysol disinfectant wipes (can't have enough of these with the dirt bags!)

Size 6 Pampers mega pack (that's 40 diapers, which doesn't sound like a lot, but this is the biggest sized diaper. The package sizes get smaller when the size gets bigger.)

2 tubes of Colgate Toothpaste

Huggies refill wipes 232 count

Carmel Nips (these weren't on sale, but hubby is addicted and I can only find them here)

I buddy soap bar

Well originally my total was $79.12. I was gasping for air. This didn't include my other 3 stops I had to make in order for us to eat this week! My husband would have made me sleep outside. But here is why I shop here! My total out of pocket expense was: (drum roll please............)

$44. 67!!!!!!!!!!

I had $9 dollars in coupons and then these wonderful things called Extra Care Bucks (ECB's) came in and saved the day. If you want to learn more about this, then here is a website that helps explain it all. www.iheartcvs.com

To give you a small idea of how this happened I will tell you this. I got the $6.99 toothbrushes for free. I got paid $0.50 (yes paid!) to buy the Colgate toothpastes. I paid only $4.49 for $9 worth of laundry detergent. I also paid $3.50 each for the packages of 12 double rolls of Charmin toilet paper. (I never buy Charmin. We are now getting the royal treatment in the bathroom!) And, I just got diapers for about half price, and they are Pampers, which I quit buying years ago due to prices! Now I have to find a place to store all this!

Thank you CVS for paying me to shop there. And, thank you for putting up with my 4 children running around in your small store, while doing it!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

OMG I am massively impressed. I'll have to look at that CVS website...

Kelly said...

Good job! We stocked up this week, too. It's Monday and we've done 2 CVS runs and 1 Walgreens run already. Word of the wise - avoid the Soy Joy bars. There's a reason they're free. Seriously. Blech.