Saturday, June 14, 2008

It's never enough!

I love my kids. Now that they are older, we have been going out and doing things. Right now we have a zoo pass. They love going to the zoo, and with a pass we get to see as much or as little as we want in our visits. Some days when it is raining (like every other day right now) we just do the inside things. When it is nice outside and the crowds are down, we go all around and see almost every exhibit.

On Thursday, we did the all around thing. It miraculously wasn't raining, but it was HOT. It got above 90 degrees. Let me tell you, when it is 90 and sunny and you are walking on black top the entire day, you get very tired. We did almost all of the zoo, though. I was quite surprised how much area we covered. After walking for 5 hours straight in the sweltering heat, we were finally on our way home in my cool air conditioned truck. 3 out of 4 kiddos were sound asleep when Princess chimed in, "Mom!"

"Yes, honey"

"When we get home, can we go for a walk?" She innocently asked.

"No" I was sure that I was hearing things by then. She shouldn't even be awake back there.

"Why not?" In her "it's not fair" tone of voice.

"Because I am really tired and I am having trouble staying awake to safely drive you home." I was only being honest! What I wanted to say is, "Hello!!!! We just took a 5 hour walk through an animal filled furnace of a zoo!" But I decided to not get nippy.

"Well, I'm bored and I'm going to be bored when I get home!"

Ah, the life of a child growing up in the 21st century. These poor children. How deprived they are!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

At least they're not scuzz buckets. That would be bad. That would be really, really bad.

Kelly said...

It would probably help if I posted my comments under the correct thread. The above comment should have been posted under the thread Dirt Bags. But since I was up all sorts of late last night and Banana woke up at 4:30am, I think I can be pardoned???