Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Someones junk drawer junk is my new treasure!

I have a new treasure! It is something that I used to look at as a waste of money. I would look at people who owned them and thought, "What is the matter with them? Do they know how much money those things are? How many groceries could I buy with what they spent on one of those?" Yes, I was judging, but it was for the betterment of man kind. (Is betterment a word? It is now!)

You are all probably wondering what the heck I am talking about. Me too! No, not really. I am talking about my way cool MP3 player. I swore to all that were living in this world that I would never, ever, ever, ever buy one. Me and my Sony disc man were all I needed when it came to portable music. Besides I haven't used the disc man in like, years. I have a really cool sound system in my truck that the kids and I can jam to. And let me tell you, the sound is kickin'! Everybody knows when we pull up!

Ok, back to my way cool hand me down. I had lightly mentioned to my mom one day, that I wanted an I Pod or an MP3 player for my birthday. (I will never really know the difference!) She looked at me strangely and asked, "Didn't I already give you mine?"

"No" I replied. I do get forgetful, but I would remember this one.

When she flew home from our homestead she looked in her junk drawer and found it. I was so excited. She mailed it to me that next day. 3 weeks later I finally got the guts to try to download a few songs. You have to understand. I am computer disabled. For me to try this was shocking. After 2 hours of messing around with my computer (it was the computer's fault not mine, REALLY!) I down loaded my first 16 songs.

It has transformed my house cleaning and my workout. I went from 15 to 20 minutes of a grueling session on my elliptical machine to 30. I was be bopping and singing. If my kids could have video taped me, I would have died, and then come back to life and killed them. No, not really. But, I am sure that I was a sight to be seen!

So congratulations to me! I am one step closer to the technological side of the world. Or not! I still couldn't figure out how to separate the songs and make files and stuff. There is still hope or bribery of my computer nerd, birthday sharing pal who has to come over and show us how to log on sometimes!

No comments: