Monday, June 9, 2008

Just what went on while I wasn't home?

Well I did have a great time while I was gone. I am up-to-date in '08 for my family scrap book. 20 spreads later I came home. I did call while I was gone, because I needed to. One of the times that I did call I got an exasperated husband asking, "Where have you been? Did you turn your phone off?".

"No, I didn't turn off my cell phone. It doesn't have good reception in the room that we are in, and doesn't always work in here." I said.

"Yeah, well I called and left you a message that we had an emergency!" He exclaimed!

"What!" My heart sank at the thought. Spiderman has food allergies and I thought something happened to him. Or, maybe Batman jumped off of something again and broke his other arm. Or, maybe one of my princess's were bleeding!

"It's fine now" he said. "Baby girl had an extreme diaper issue up to her hair."

"Oh!" was what I said. What I was thinking was "and the emergency is......?", but I was trying to remember that my dear husband doesn't do dirty diapers unless I am out of the picture. Even if I am at the store for a few minutes, he might be tempted to wait until I get home. He will bathe them, but changing them is a different territory.

"So what did you do?" I asked.

"Well, it happened in the car. The car seat got it, her clothes got it, and her hair got it. What should I do?"

"Just take the car seat out and I will deal with it when I get home. Princess can give up her booster seat. She is big enough to go without one, and everyone else can switch accordingly. What did you do with the clothes?"

"I bagged them up and threw them in the garage for when you get home."

You have to know that my dear husband never has to do laundry. I do all of it since I am home, so he hasn't a clue how to turn on my front loader washing machines. He did, however, clean the car seat with some carpet cleaner!

"And what about Baby girl?" I curiously asked.

"Well, (chuckle, never a good sign) I cleaned her up with the baby wipes."

"And her hair?"

"I cleaned that up with the baby wipes too."

"You didn't just give her a bath?" This was a question and a statement.

"Well no." He said. "I cleaned her up as best as I could with the baby wipes and then I sprayed her with Freebreeze."

"You WHAT!" I couldn't believe it. Not for a second. He says things like this to raz me from time to time. I thought this was one of those times.

"Yes I did!"

"Why! Why didn't you just give her a bath? You have to take her to church tomorrow. Give her a bath."

He had no answer to this. I decided to laugh. I laughed until I cried. Then I went in to our scrapbook room and told my friends until they laughed and cried. He ended up not giving her a bath. She survived.

He did, in the end, do a great job this weekend. He made a schedule of fun filled events for the kids, including fishing, eating out, movies with popcorn, and going to the mall and park. He consoled them during another round of tornado filled storms. He was able to get them to bed and church, on time. The house was fairly picked up. The dishes must have been done at least a couple times. I only had 10 minutes worth left in the sink when I got home.

Good Job honey! I am proud of all that you did. Thank you for giving me my scrapbooking time. I was happy to know that the kids were in good hands! I love you!
Love, Mother Duck

1 comment:

Andrea said...

My favorite part? The febreeze. If it makes you feel better, we were in the nursery yesterday and I didn't notice a febreeze smell (or anything worse) on baby girl. ;) Too funny!